Then Search Relevance is your destination! They are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help build, scale, and maintain these critical systems.
- Contributing at a senior level to the search data lake & data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows
- Build and implement models in a production environment for a high-impact salesforce product
- Create and maintain overall optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Manage data migrations/conversions and own troubleshooting data processing issues
- Create the pipeline for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build machine learning functions to help with data automation and data preparation
- Work closely with their analytics engineers and data warehouse engineers to build analytics tools and dashboards that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Provide operational excellence through root cause analysis and continuous improvement for Big Data technologies and processes
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that will assist them in building and optimizing their product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in their data systems
- Discover more innovative machine learning solutions that can drive business values
Required Skills And Experience
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A passion for building big data platforms
- Proficient coding skills and strong algorithm & data structure foundation
- Knowledge of the tools: Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, or Airflow
- Experience with workflow scheduling systems (Azkaban, Oozie, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience working with one or more file formats (Parquet, AVRO, ORC)
- Experience in getting data through API with one of the following: Python, Java, Scala, etc
- Strong problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Ability to practice software engineering best practices with git and version control systems
- Solid communication skills and the ability to explain complex data pipelines to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality with the mission of delivering secure code
- Experience in successfully mentoring junior SDEs
Not Required, But Bonus If You Have
- Knowledge of NoSQL stores
- Machine learning experience- either in an academic or professional setting
- Kubernetes or docker knowledge
- Experience with Sagemaker, Google Datalab, or Databricks
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce they believe that the business of business is to improve the state of their world. Each of them has a responsibility to drive Equality in their communities and workplaces. They are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore their benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1