They are seeking to grow their team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. They are looking for machine learning and infrastructure experts that want to be part of a team that discovers new medicines. The role of AI/ML Production Engineer is an exciting opportunity that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious, and bold. Their mission on the AI/ML Platform Engineering team is to provide deep computing expertise, automated workflows, production-grade infrastructure, and helpful tooling to enable the AI/ML team and their partners to solve cutting-edge research problems in the pharma space and translate their solutions into a direct impact on the business and on patients. The Production Engineer function embeds directly with AI/ML project teams doing cutting-edge work, serving as the voice of expertise in software engineering, scientific computing at scale, and expert problem-solving.
As an AI/ML Production Engineer, They’d Like You To Be Able To
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Embed with AI/ML and data science project teams to provide deep expertise in software engineering, parallel computing, and big data tools
- Drive and teach standards for code, tool use, engineering best practices, etc
- Stand up useful tools such as AutoML (e.g. Uber’s Ludwig, autosklearn, …) and integrate them with metadata-driven training and production deployment workflows
- Help to guide the AI/ML Platform Engineering team’s efforts based on the first-hand experience on projects using their tools
- Work with partners in the data platforms, scientific computing, and similar teams to ensure the AI/ML org has the data, computing resources, and workflows/abstractions needed to do their best work.
They are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve their goals:
- Advanced Degree (Pure Mathematics or Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field)
- Expert understanding of Python
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch, including parallelism
- Experience with common big data tools such as Spark
- Significant experience with professional software development practices such as code standards, code reviews, source control best practices, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
- Exposure to job scheduling systems such as Slurm, YARN, or Kubernetes
At GSK, they’re a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better, and live longer. Realizing their purpose starts with them.
As a company driven by their values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, and Integrity, they know inclusion and diversity are essential for them to be able to succeed. They want all their colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good, and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, they want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, they are open to all talent. In the US, they also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
They believe in an agile working culture for all their roles. If flexibility is important to you, they encourage you to explore with their hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, they will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. They want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist them in meeting that objective and in understanding how well they are doing against their inclusion and diversity ambitions. They would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and they will treat your information confidentially.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1