This position will be part of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. The incumbent will participate in the development of a parenteral formulation for biologics modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, proteins, vaccines, and viral vectors for genomic therapeutics. This position will be responsible for performing analytical characterization of candidate molecules by using various biophysical and biochemical characterization techniques. Furthermore, this position will assist in developing processes for drug product manufacturing, responsible for data compilation, data presentations, and report writing.
- The responsibilities of a Senior Associate Scientist position include but are not limited to:
- Participate in developing parenteral formulations for biotherapeutic modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, proteins, vaccines, and viral vectors for genomic therapeutics. This position will be responsible to assist in developing manufacturing processes (under general supervision).
- Perform rapid, comprehensive characterization of candidate molecules to determine the stability profile and applying this information to develop an appropriate dosage form to meet clinical needs. This will be achieved by applying various biophysical and biochemical techniques such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), Spectroscopy techniques such as UV and Fluorescence spectroscopy, Circular Dichroism and FTIR.
- The incumbent will assist in the development and scale-up of drug product processes from benchtop to pilot scale and, as required, technology transfer to commercial plants. Examples of drug product processes are fluid transport, sterilizing filtration, and lyophilization.
- The Senior Associate Scientist must be able to interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists for formulation optimization and overall candidate progression.
- This position will be responsible for preparing data summary presentations, compiling data, and authoring technical reports.
- Effective communication skills are desirable for interactions with laboratory scientists, project managers, and colleagues from numerous functions, serving on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Education: B.S. in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience
- 2-4 years of experience in the Laboratory in a variety of analytical laboratory techniques is required.
- Ability to follow established procedures independently is required.
- Experience with biotherapeutics analytical methods such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques
- Demonstrated scientific documentation skills
- M.S. Degree in above, and 0-2 years of experience preferred.
- Some knowledge or experience of drug development processes for the progression of a biological candidate.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and highly effective in a team-based environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with GMP requirements.
- Working knowledge of HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with parenteral manufacturing requirements, container/closure integrity, and clinical and commercial unit operations.
- Practical knowledge of lyophilization and lyophilization cycle development
- Last Date to Apply: July 7, 2020
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1