As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Wallet team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams, and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features. You will work closely with the technical leadership to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. As a senior technical member of your team, you will guide junior engineers and help develop their technical skills.
The Wallet Team is responsible for the backend services and APIs that support digital asset transactions on networks such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. The team will also lead tokenization efforts within FDAS.
The Expertise You Have
- Proven understanding of the Bitcoin and Ethereum protocol
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and Ethereum libraries such as bitcoin and web3j
- Experience with Solidity development
- Proven experience building production cryptocurrency and tokenization platforms is a plus
- Experienced with core Java technologies and frameworks like Spring Boot
- Proficient in databases and SQL
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms and containerization technologies such as ECS and Docker
- Experience with asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services such as SNS and SQS
- An understanding of microservice architecture and twelve-factor app patterns
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Unit and integration test automation using JUnit
- Experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
The Skills You Bring
- A strong foundation in software engineering – bachelor’s degree + preferred, 4 years’ experience
- Possess critical thinking skills to build end-to-end solutions
- Proven interest in cryptography techniques and algorithms
- Passionate and committed to learning new things and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Work well in both a small agile team and independently, having a strong user focus
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Participate in engineering practices such as code and design reviews, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipelines
The Value You Deliver
- Work with product management on requirements, decompose epics into narratives, and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Build scalable, resilient, cloud-based systems aligned with their long-term strategy
- Provide outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Mentor junior software engineers
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Their global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present their employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help their team reshape the future of finance.
At Fidelity, they are focused on making their financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. They are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to their associates. They are proud of their diverse and inclusive workplace where they respect and value their associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1