The Budget Office at Merrimack College is recruiting for a newly created role of Senior Budget Systems Data Analyst, reporting directly to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Chief Business Officer (VPFP & CBO). This role supports the College’s efforts to maintain central budgetary functions in both an efficient and effective manner. The Senior Budget Systems Data Analyst acts as the functional expert in the budgetary system(s) used to support business operations across the College.Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with ademonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Lead budgetary IT efforts across the current and future ERP systems:
- Development/set-up of the annual budget process within Questica, the College’s current budget system, including setup of the training environment, data audits, pre-system open reporting and post-system close reporting.
- Enhancements for Questica to improve automation/streamlining of budget and projection processes.
- Maintain all budget-supporting backup in various media for review.
- Provide ongoing training/education of budgeting systems for current and new managers.
- Design and implementation of Jenzabar J1 (new fiscal and ERP system) fiscal components.
- Assist the VPFP & CBO in developing, maintaining and synchronizing the College’s 5-year plan:
- Analyze annual spending pattern projections based on historical cyclical data.
- Analyze spending patterns, program profitability and other key metrics.
- Analyze accounting information for developing and maintaining a projected monthly cash flow report.
- Projecting use of institutional funds and debt issuance proceeds for capital project cash flow and liquidity planning.
- Spearhead College financial reporting efforts:
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, financial and statistical analyses, variance analyses, trend information, benchmarking, and statistical models.
- Design standardized financial reports for unit/departmental leaders.
- Design reports to review cost and spending patterns for identification of discretionary spending/reallocation of important resources.
- Design divisional and programmatic P&L/RCM models and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer science or other quantitative field.
- Preference for advanced degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Preference for higher education financial experience.
- Proficient in the use of reporting tools, ERP systems and databases. Preference for Questica, Jenzbar, and/or Cognos/Cx systems experience.
- Knowledge of data analytic tools such as Python, Tableau, SAS, Microsoft BI.
- Possess a solid understanding of general accounting and budgeting rules/practices.
- Must have advanced Excel skills – vlookup, index, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to foster an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Application Materials Should Include
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.Required VaccinationsMerrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.Statement on Our MissionMerrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1