We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page https//www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/search-jobs
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
AncestryDNA is seeking a Computational Biologist/Senior Genomic Data Scientist to work closely with a talented, diverse, and highly collaborative team of computer scientists, population geneticists, statisticians, biologists, and epidemiologists to develop state-of-the-art genomic analyses, and statistical analyses using our singular database of DNA, family histories, phenotypic records, user-curated survey responses, and historical documents. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing research activities to achieve these goals and work closely with developers, architects, and engineers to build robust systems to deliver the results of new analyses.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in computer science, computational biology, biostatistics, or related field.
- The candidate must have experience working with genomic and phenotypic data. Experience with electronic medical record data, natural language processing, text classification or text feature extraction and construction a plus
- The candidate must have demonstrated success developing machine learning models and approaches, genomic analyses, or statistical methods, with applications for analysis of genomic data.
- Minimum 2 years of post-graduate experience mentoring scientists and managing inter-dependent research projects.
- The candidate must have a strong programming skills and demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets in distributed computing environment. Experience building workflows and pipelines in AWS a plus.
- The candidate must have proven track record managing scientific research effort and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our collaborative and fast-paced team.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http//ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1