The Senior Data Analyst is adept at working with business and systems partners to translate project / business requirements reports, data sets, data services and data interfaces.
In this role you will apply a strong knowledge of banking / financial services / data analytics domain combined with hands-on data analysis skills and critical thinking. You should be able to analyze data, summarize critical information, identify data/process gaps and provide recommendation to close data/process gaps in collaboration with business partners and teams within EDO.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Independently conducting research, analysis, data discovery, discovering and evaluating options for data solutions. Providing recommendations to team and project leads on bringing business requirements to a proposed design/ data solution.
- Producing consistent, accurate and complete data requirements and definitions for complex projects.
- Working with business users and others to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define business intelligence, analytic and reporting requirements.
- Assisting in assessing and building data and metadata requirements for systems that are complete and unambiguous.
- Using statistical methods and tests to analyze data and generate useful data sets and reports.
- Working with management team and other leads to prioritize needs for business segments.
- Identifying and recommending new, innovative ways to streamline data-centric processes.
- Using data to create models that depict trends in the customer base or the consumer population, or within a specified segment or business processing area.
- Working with departmental managers to outline data needs for analytical, reporting and data integration projects.
- Defining and building data sets to be used by offshore and other integration testing teams for validation
- Assisting in third party data acquisition, vendor / data capability evaluations
- Partnering with internal data governance teams to master existing and new 3rd party data.Required Skills/Experience
- Experience conducting data discovery and analysis work with one or more commonly-used business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, SAS, Oracle, Cognos, Microsoft, etc.
- Hands-on skills working with SQL and /or other data querying / wrangling tools.
- Experience working with database management systems (Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2, etc).
- 3 or more years of data mining/data discovery experience/data reconciliation/business analysis validation.
- 10 or more years of experience in a data analyst / data analytics / business analytics role
- Ability to collaborate effectively, take initiative and work as part of an Agile team
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience applying business acumen to data analysis and data
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially banking.
- SAS programming or R/Python or Alteryx for data wrangling.
- Data design or data management experience is a plus.
- Business Intelligence/Reporting development experience using tools such as Tableau, Cognos
- Cross-functional experience in finance, credit risk desirable
- Some statistical testing / multivariate data analysis desirable
- Experience / knowledge of third party data used for B2B Marketing and Sales such as D and B.
Educational, Certifications And/or Other Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Business
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Why Work for Them
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping their customers and giving back to their local communities. When you join their team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1