Stanley Black & Decker – Company Profile
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 250 company, is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronics security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
The Controls & Compliance Data Analytics group is a division of the Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) Controls & Compliance/Controllership Team. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting continuous auditing/monitoring programs to assist Controls & Compliance, Controllership, Internal Audit, and the business in the evaluation of risk/control activities. Additional duties may include participating in the creation of ad-hoc analytics and dashboards for special projects to assist the business with process improvements and business insight.
The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with members of the Controls & Compliance team to plan out projects, conduct process walk-throughs, perform analytic testing, and roll-out final analytic deliverables to end-users.
This Senior Data Analyst reports to the Data Analytics Manager – Controls & Compliance.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage analytic projects and coordinate with various teams and functions to ensure project success
- Analyze business process controls and the data supporting them to design innovative, automated analytics that create efficiencies and extend testing coverage
- Develop, implement, and support continuous auditing/monitoring programs using ACL
- Build data visualizations in ACL and Tableau, which can be communicated to non-technical users in order to provide fresh insight into business data
- Develop and maintain a library of standard and repeatable analytics
- Track key performance indicators and trends to the evaluate success of data analytics and control processes
- Develop and leverage subject matter expertise in knowledge of the company’s data environment
- Strong working knowledge of audit, risk, and internal controls
- Experience using data analytics and programming software (ACL, IDEA, SAS, R, Python, etc.) and a strong understanding of PC-based applications, such as Excel
- Experience pulling data directly from systems, working with large datasets, and joining data from disparate sources
- Experience with creating dashboards in a data visualization tool (ACL Results, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.) is helpful.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, project management, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High responsiveness and flexibility to changing business priorities and tight deadlines
- High level of enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology, or similar required
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology, or similar a plus
- 3-6 years of experience working in internal controls, audit, and/or analytics
- Relevant certifications (i.e., CIA, CISA, CPA, CMA, ACDA, CFE) a plus
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
US – Corporate
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1