They’re looking for a curious and adaptable Data Analyst to help them make money work for everyone. As a Finance Data Analyst, you’ll be at the intersection between Finance and Data – diving deep into financial analytics, particularly around financial and regulatory reporting. You will be driving automation and process improvement across a range of finance processes by building data models and reports downstream of engineering interfaces and accounting systems.
You’ll help them with the following questions and challenges:
- How can they build a robust data framework between our internal banking platform and financial ledger that supports all their reporting and analysis needs?
- How are their customers and products performing financially; how can they use this information to better understand their customers and drive optimal business decisions?
- How do product rollouts and customer behaviors impact their liquidity and capital position as a bank?
- What are the high impact automation tools that can be built for the finance team so they minimize time spent and improve controls over recurring processes?
Data at Monzo
Their Data team’s mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
At the core of this mission sits its data platform. They’re great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. Every engineer at Monzo is responsible for the collection of relevant analytics events from their microservices. They optimize for simplicity and re-usability – all their data lives in one place and is made available via their data warehouse in Google BigQuery. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the headspace to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
You’ll be responsible for:
- working with engineering to maintain and improve their accounting data pipeline,
- building data models, reports and visualizations to enable them to better track their cost base and manage overheads,
- working with product teams to better understand and monitor capital and liquidity considerations,
- working with data from their accounting system to automate calculations over their capital and liquidity metrics,
- exploring and analyzing customer profitability and trends
You will be joining a team of three Finance Data Analysts currently embedded across Finance. You will be responsible for digging deep into the data, understanding the financial and accounting implications of their products, proposing solutions to identified problems, and finally measuring the outcomes of implemented solutions.
You’ll also work closely with engineers across the company to ensure that they are collecting all the necessary data that they will need for accurate and compliant reporting.
Finally, you will assist in introducing and monitor company-wide KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and KRI’s (Key Risk Indicators) which will measure how the bank is performing and alert them if something goes off track.
You’ll work primarily within their Finance team, particularly with their Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting teams.
You should apply if
- you delight in automating processes, building datasets and analyzing data to support business decisions
- you have a solid grounding in SQL (Python and/or Go knowledge is a plus)
- you are happiest exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications
- you’ve acquired a certification in the relevant area such as ACA or CFA
- have previously worked in an analytics/finance environment – for example in a tech start-up, management consulting or investment banking
This role will be remote until they’ll be able to open their London office again.
They offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a technical take a home task, and 2 on-site interviews at their office in London or remotely via hangouts. They promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with them. This is integral to their mission of making money work for everyone.
They’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1