They are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst to join their Data Instrumentation & Quality team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with data quality processes and specification writing. This role will be tasked with creating high-quality datasets by writing detailed tracking specifications and performing ongoing data quality testing for their clickstream tracking solution, working directly with product and their front-end development teams for consumer-facing product features.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business and critical to its operations and growth. As a part of Data Governance, Data Instrumentation & Quality works closely with data stakeholders, front-end technology teams, data engineering, and back-end services for consistent collection and usage of business-critical KPIs and data points.
- Create high-quality data instrumentation requirements via actionable JIRA specifications for critical business use cases
- Perform cross-system data validation and investigations to discover data inconsistencies, raising bug tickets outlining a path to remediation for development teams
- Serve as a point of contact for front-end engineering teams for any questions or issues resulting with specifications, requirements or bugs
- Perform data quality testing and assurance as a part of the front-end engineering’s continuous delivery and deployment lifecycle via device testing and automation
- Serve as an SME on product interface and capabilities for select front-end devices
- Perform data quality audits, identify data instrumentation issues, suggest improvements and help implement fixes
- Provide support to escalate and triage data quality issues across the data and engineering organizations, outlining a path to remediation and raising required engineering work
- Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable JIRA specifications including how data should be tracked, tested and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance
- Strong experience in documenting requirements from a product and data perspective for engineering consumption
- Data quality automation and testing experience as a part of a continuous delivery and deployment engineering process
- High familiarity with JIRA oriented product ticketing practices, agile engineering principles and theory for backlog and project management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and development practices, including implementation of analytics and clickstream tracking
- 2+ years of either Python, Pyspark or SQL
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of clickstream datasets a plus.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Familiarity with client-oriented development in languages such as Swift or Objective C
- Experience working across marketing platforms such as Kochava, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager, Flashtalking, Google Ads, Campaign Manager, DV360, Bing Ads, Facebook, Datorama, Segment, Alooma, BlueKai, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1