About The Role
As a Health Data Analyst for one of our Store N°8’s portfolio companies, your focus will be analysis and processing of large healthcare claims and clinical data sets from both inpatient and outpatient settings. Reporting directly to the Head of Informatics and Clinical Strategy, you will partner with our data engineering, data science, and product teams. You will need to be a self-starter with bias for action and excellent communication skills. This is a rare opportunity, moving at the speed of a startup, with the backing and in house data (lots of data) of the Fortune 1 company. You will bridge the art of what’s possible across today’s rapidly evolving healthcare data and informatics landscape. You’ll also get the opportunity for rapid career growth through mentorship and training by top data scientists.
What You’ll Do
- Have a significant opportunity to help transform healthcare by prototyping next-generation data products in the health and wellness space that will reach millions of individuals.
- Analyze and curate internal and external health data sets (including inpatient & outpatient claims, and EHR data) to support machine learning initiatives.
- Explore, identify and create condition-specific cohorts from third-party health data assets in support of machine learning initiatives
- Analyze complex data elements and develop summaries and extracts that are easily digestible to help the team make best decisions based off the data.
- Effectively communicate analytic findings to business stakeholders, data scientists, product managers, and others through understandable documentation and presentations.
What You’ll Need
- Healthcare data experience: Demonstrated background in using healthcare data in a project setting. Relevant data types must include insurance claims data (diagnoses, procedures, physician/hospital data) or electronic health records (structured data like lab results and problem lists).
- 3+ years’ experience in health data analytics working directly with large claims and EHR data sets
- Demonstrated fluency with clinical coding and terminology systems such as ICD10, CPT, DRG, LOINC, RxNorm, etc
- Experience writing complex SQL queries to surface insights from vast amounts of data.
- Customer service mindset demonstrated though attention to detail and anticipating the needs of the end user.
A plus if you also have
- Expertise with Tableau, R, and/or Python
- Experience with OMOP, FHIR, HL7 and other interoperability standards and data models
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, including balancing multiple projects and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience with data visualization and data-based storytelling
- Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related fieldand 4 years’ experience in an analytics or related field.
- Option 2: Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fieldand 2 years’ experience in an analytics or related field.
- Option 3: 6 years’ experience in an analytics or related field.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1