Senior Data Analytics, Product Manager – Sports – 35688
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports – Senior Data Analytics Product Manager
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the sector and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. We combine solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption, allowing major brands, teams and sports organizations, and over 1,700 customers globally to better understand and connect with audiences through media, sponsorship, communication and experiential platforms.
The Senior Product Manager will be based in New York, and responsible for leading product development efforts across our core media products, which drive most of our revenue.
This role will be focused on standardizing and innovating methodologies across our global business. In order to accomplish this, we need a product manager who has a deep understanding of the sports and media industries and an aptitude for analytics.
- Work to standardize our methodologies across different media platforms, focusing initially on our core sponsorship valuation product
- Clearly define and evolve product strategy based on insightful analysis of customer needs, media, sponsorship and sports market trends and opportunities, and Nielsen Sports core competencies
- Deepen our understanding of customer requirements, workflows, and buying criteria
- Ensure that product/ methodology definition, engineering, and other aspects of product development come together seamlessly throughout the product lifecycle
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders from technology, operations, sales, and other functions
- Support the product go-to-market strategy as needed with customer visits and product marketing and sales support
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience,
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility in software or data analytics product management or similar roles
- Experience in media planning/ buying, brand marketing or sponsorship is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of ownership and ability to drive issues to closure
- Ability to listen to multiple perspectives, then make difficult decisions
- Critical thinking skills and ability to concisely represent a point of view
- Ability to operate independently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York , New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1