Your Tasks And Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Data Engineer, are to:
- Develop, deploy and support systems of data pipelines and computing solutions;
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists to gather requirements for data pipelines;
- Optimize algorithms and data workers to scale horizontally and contribute to the development of new algorithms and capabilities that will enable connected pipeline analytics for all pipelines;
- Work on all aspects of the design, development, validation, scaling, and delivery of analytical or pipeline solutions;
- Collaborate with analytics and discovery teams to design and plan data engineering solutions;
- Develop and aligning roadmaps, delivery dates, and integration efforts;
- Provide reliable estimates for large scale project;
- Implement, configure, and maintain critical third party solutions related to engineering work, including computing environments, BI platforms, and cloud systems;
- Design and maintain ETL workflows;
- Integrate proactive strategies and best practices to ensure the security of stored data;
- Design, build, and maintain integrated data solutions such as “data lakes” and “data warehouses”;
- Design and maintain data storage systems and access patterns;
- Ability to operate independently on work assignments with minimal guidance;
- Be responsible for making decisions that impact business value;
- Ability to work with and set priorities with both on-site partner teams and teams at remote (US and International) sites;
- Help the team establish and improve processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban, and/or lead piloting new ones;
- Facilitate and participate in code reviews, retrospectives, functional and integration testing, and other team activities focused on improving the quality of delivery;
- Ensure the success of digital strategies within Plant Biotechnology by designing, creating, and operating engineered data solutions;
- Partner with teams in data science, reporting, software engineering, and operations to accelerate strategies by ensuring the availability and quality of required data systems;
- Have a focus on bringing value through unique expertise in the creation and optimization of “big data” solutions and the design and execution of distributed computing workflows.
Domestic Relocation in the form of a lump sum is available.
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Degree and experience to 1 of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field and at least five years of industry experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field with at least two years of industry experience Doctorate in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field;
- Technical knowledge and at least two years of experience in at least two of the following:
- SQL and NoSQL databases (data warehousing, data modeling, etc.);
- Experience with big data tools (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, etc.);
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Experience with tools for authoring workflows and pipelines (Airflow, AWS Step Functions, KubeFlow, etc.);
- Experience with cloud services (EMR, S3, RedShift, EC2, etc.);
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Experience with python, Java, R, or Scala.
- Network and Database administration;
- Proven systems administration and operations experience;
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver quality software, DevOps Methodology;
- Experience in running production cloud systems and diagnosing and fixing problems.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, they encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1