Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer. Integrated into the data team, the primary work location is Redwood City, CA with consideration given to remote candidates.
Auris Health, Inc. is redefining medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures!
They are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a team of innovative engineers who are trying to tackle some of the most difficult problems in medicine today. You will build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data products that allow their partners to easily use data in an effective manner. As part of this team, you will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Presto, Airflow, Kubernetes and others to build scalable and robust data pipelines; write ETL jobs to aggregate data; and build high quality data models that describe the entities and interactions and usage of Auris’ cloud infrastructure. Your capacity to work independently, but also on a multi-functional team of peers, is a must. They seek a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to help us redefine the world of medical robotics with data.
What You Will Do
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data.
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the infrastructure domain at Auris
- Act as a thought partner to collaborating engineering teams, understand their challenges, and provide options that empower them with data solutions to efficiently scale their analyses and drive adoption of the data platform.
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service a wider variety of use cases
- Enable inquisitive analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering etc.
- Possesses at least 6 years of related work experience.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Computer Science or Quantitative Sciences field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python or Scala
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Knowledge of API development
- This position will require up to 10% Travel for occasional team gatherings.
- Passionate about building intuitive data models and an expert in distributed data processing patterns.
- Expert in engineering data pipelines using scalable data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc.) on large scale data sets demonstrated through years of experience
- Understand the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc.
- Familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EKS, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Fargate etc.)
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Passionate about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1