Firsthand is changing the way individuals living with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) get care – by putting them at the center of everything we do. Our peer led model aims to build trust with these individuals, many of whom have been underserved, stigmatized, deprioritized and have very often lost trust in the systems intended to serve them. Our holistic approach includes partnering with our team of peer recovery specialists, licensed social workers and nurse practitioners, and focuses on meeting them where they are and walking with them side by side, as a trusted guide, partner, and first call, on their journeys’ to wellness. Our aim is to not only improve lives, but also improve the economics for managed care plans and states responsible for providing care to this community. This enables us to build solutions that scale and, as a result, change the way our society supports those most impacted by SMI.
We are building a team of deeply passionate problem-solvers who are courageous enough to take on one of the country’s most challenging healthcare problems. Those who are up for the task will be rewarded with deeply mission-oriented workdays, mentorship from a similarly motivated team, and a supportive culture that prioritizes learning, creativity, and fun. We are building data infrastructure to enable more timely and personalized engagement with individuals living with SMI at scale. This allows our team of peers, social workers, and nurse practitioners to plan appropriate care and focus on critical tasks rather than manually searching for information across silos in the healthcare system.
This is a unique opportunity to found and define the data engineering team, our stack and architecture, with a high caliber product and data team that is growing quickly. You will build impactful healthcare technology on a modern technology stack.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Work on a fast-paced, autonomous, agile team to build and enhance a modern cloud, database, and ELT infrastructure working with diverse healthcare data
- Provide technical leadership throughout the technical design and implementation process
- Own end to end infrastructure releases and platform enhancements
- Lead the technical design process, bringing your expertise and analysis to help make data-driven decisions
- Contribute to developing a culture of testing, quality, and attention to detail by supporting industry leading practices such as writing and maintaining comprehensive test coverage
- Actively participate in ensuring firsthand maintains a disciplined approach to healthcare security and privacy
You will be a good fit if you have:
- You have experience working on data engineering teams, building and deploying highly scalable data analytics applications
- You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end leading with the right design and development principles
- You have experience with common software development practices such as version control, unit testing, and CI/CD
- You are a team player and are interested in working at a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with Apache Airflow, DBT, and ETL / ELT tools
- Strong Python skills
Our application stack:
- Other tools like Hightouch, Snowflake and FiveTra
The experience you bring to this role includes:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the software development lifecycle, required
- Prior experience in healthcare or life sciences data infrastructure development
firsthand Benefits: For Full Time employees, our compensation package includes base, equity and a bonus potential. Our benefits include physical and mental health, dental, vision, 401(k) with a match, 16 weeks parental leave for either parent, flexible vacation, and a supportive culture.We firmly believe that great candidates for this role may not meet 100% of the criteria listed in this posting. We encourage you to apply anyway – we look forward to getting to know you.Unfortunately, we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1