Their data is used to help people have amazing and safe trips as they travel the world. The Data Platform team are the experts in their data landscape at TripAdvisor, building out and maintaining truths to enable Tripadvisor to empower travelers across the world finding the best hotels, the best restaurants, and the best experiences they can have!
The Data Platform team is growing its world-class enterprise data team and is looking for talented engineers to contribute to architecture and development. Their team is responsible for building out all of the core datasets that will be used across Tripadvisor, as well as supporting their analytics, data science, and machine learning teams.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation, and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing, and well-established industry brand.
They take pride in our data engineering and are looking for a talented and highly-motivated engineer with a passion for solving interesting problems to add to their high-performing team.
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes; these should include defining SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Experience working with large datasets (terabyte scale and growing) and familiarity with various technologies and tooling associated with databases and big data
- Relational DB (MS SQL, PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Big Data (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Strong experience in OO or functional programming in Java/Python or equivalent language
- Strong Software Engineering principles
- Systems performance and tuning experience, with an eye for how systems architecture and design impact performance and scalability
- Knowledge of best practices around DB administration
- 6+ years of general software development experience
- Proven record of mentoring junior members of the team
- Proven record of innovation via non-trivial solutions to day-to-day problems
- Proven record of technical leadership on medium to large size projects
- Organized, self-motivator, great communicator and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and enthusiasm for solving difficult problems.
- Ability to work with end-users to solve technical challenges
Good to Have
- Exposure to and/or interest in machine learning and data science specifically to help solve day-to-day problems and reach objectives in an innovative way
- Experience working with Apache Airflow or similar systems
- Comfortable working in a Linux CLI environment
- Experience in designing high-scale, fault-tolerant, and performant distributed applications
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1