Wayfair Data Solutions is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. They move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. They work smart, applying technology to unlock insights, and provide outsized value to their customers. They swing big, knowing their customers won’t benefit from micro-optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend its competitive advantage.
As a Data Solutions Engineer, you will be a hands-on technical leader who designs and delivers Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data solutions for their Customer Service Organization.
You will be responsible for driving the Wayfair Customer Service Transformation. You will be instrumental in building out their underlying data layer that will ensure Wayfair captures everything involved in the customer experience both on-site and during a support call/chat. Capturing the full life cycle of an incident, what that incident entails, and ultimately the resolution.
What You’ll Do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design, and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data-driven analytics and reporting needs
- Build, schedule, and manage data movement from application origin through batch and streaming systems to make it available for key business decisions.
- Develop a robust, sustainable plan for the data area going forward, including projecting space requirements, procuring technology, and partnering with engineering on improvements to the data, 100TB+ highly desired.
- Ensure data products are aligned with the rapidly evolving needs of a multi-billion-dollar business.
- Provide consulting to application and data engineering organizations on best practices for designing applications to enable easy analytics; be an expert on large-scale data processing.
Who You Are
- A true expert on big data, comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies and size and disparate platforms.
- Excited about unlocking the valuable data hidden in inaccessible raw tables and logs.
- Attentive to detail and with a relentless focus on accuracy.
- Excited to collaborate with partners in business reporting and engineering to determine the source of truth of key business metrics.
- Familiarity with distributed data storage systems and the tradeoffs inherent in each one.
Who You Are
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience
- Data modeling, extensive experience with SQL, Python (preferable), Scala or Java, and exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure or Google, Google Cloud preferable).
- Experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing tools such as Beam, Dataflow, Spark, or Flink.
- Experience designing and implementing different data warehousing technologies and approaches, such as RDBMS and NoSQL, Kimball vs. Inmon, etc., and how to apply them.
- Experience scheduling, structuring, and owning data transformation jobs that span multiple systems and have high requirements for volume handled duration or timing.
- Prior projects working with optimizing storage and access of high volume heterogeneous data with distributed systems such as Hadoop, including familiarity with various data storage mediums and the tradeoffs of each
- Prior data infrastructure experience in support of a Service driven organization is a plus but not essential.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline fields with a strong academic record
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in their global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in their warehouses or offices throughout the world, they’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through their commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, they are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate their differences, and know that their unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. They value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why they’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1