Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
- Translate product backlog items into engineering designs and logical units of work
- Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Build utilities, user defined functions, libraries, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Implement complex automated routines using workflow orchestration tools
- Work with architecture, engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big data experience
- Strong programming experience, Python preferred.
- Experience designing, estimating and executing for complex software projects
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with source code control tools like Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Familiarity with the principles of Domain Driven Design
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
- Interest in and ability to quickly pick up new languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Java or Scala
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Experience with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00437439
- Apparel & Fashion
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1