- Undergraduate degree; business or STEM-related field a plus
- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience with a reputed procurement consultancy, spend analytics solution, or ERP implementer
- Deep understanding of ERP data models (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Infor, Axapta), especially in the financial “FI” and material master “MM” modules
- Strong coding knowledge/ abilities in the field of large data handling through Microsoft SQL (T-SQL), Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, data manipulation, and ETL tools using Alteryx; alongside knowledge of VBA/Macros
- Java development skills, PowerShell, or other scripting experience will be added advantage
- Understanding of data warehousing, data lake concepts, and Tableau dashboards, visualizations, etc.
- Basic understanding of purchasing, procurement processes, sourcing, and saving opportunity identification is an advantage
- Solid problem-solving capabilities including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel (30-50% of the time)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which US Government regulations restrict to US citizens only
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be working with their Orpheus team based in their Waltham office.
This group is part of its Product Development and Procurement (PDP) service line within the Operations practice. You will be joining McKinsey’s fastest-growing team in the procurement arena and taking cutting edge technology solutions to clients.
Orpheus infuses best-in-class technology and AI-based analytics with deep supply-market and category-sourcing expertise. You’ll be part of a team that is a core element of the digitally-enabled procurement function of the future. This will involve all business value chain activities from product development to distribution and playing a strategic role in managing budgets and costs, anticipating and mitigating supply risk, driving compliance, and generating transparency to external spend in an organization.
What You’ll Do
You will deliver and implement Orpheus together with their strong delivery teams with close collaboration with their consulting teams as well as directly with clients.
A typical project involves the following steps project scoping, data identification and extraction, data processing, engineering and enrichment, data cleansing and categorization, spend analysis and opportunity identification, handover, insights presentation, and capability building.
Your main expertise and responsibility will be data identification and extraction. Leveraging proprietary and third-party data-extraction tools (e.g. Snaplogic), you will identify spend relevant data from the general ledger, purchase order, material & supplier master, and other relevant tables within ERP or data/business warehouse applications.
You will conduct data assessment, perform data quality checks, transform and load raw data using SQL and ETL tools. With your experience in data engineering and data models, you will build sustainable data pipelines and adjust them for special needs.
In addition to project delivery, you will contribute and sometimes lead to operational improvements in exciting solutions. You’ll contribute to building out further proprietary solutions or data assets, identifying new technologies, trends, or alternative vendors for them to work with. You will ensure digital procurement assets, vendors, and processes adhere to their standards and that client information and data is safeguarded to the utmost level.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1