Netflix is enjoyed by more than 200 million households globally, entertaining new audiences every day. Their Streaming Data Science & Engineering team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer fluent in data engineering and software engineering to build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data models that allow their stakeholders to easily leverage data in an effective manner. You’ll need to be forward-looking in architecting a scalable, durable system that interfaces well with existing systems at Netflix — and using judgment to know when to diverge from the paved path. As part of this world-class team, you will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink, Kafka & others to build insightful, scalable, and robust data pipelines and frameworks.
What you’ll do
- Own and evolve extremely rich datasets on how content flows over the internet to Netflix members every time they’re enjoying their content.
- You’ll become an authority in the world of video streaming delivery. No prior knowledge is necessary, but curiosity to learn is a must.
- Success in leveraging this data for business impact will result in Netflix’s global members having a seamless, high-quality viewing experience despite challenges posed by where they’re streaming, which device they’re using, or which network they’re streaming on.
- You’ll build robust data pipelines of high data quality in a scalable fashion using any combination of Spark, Flink, Python, and Scala.
- They need to process data more quickly than ever to enable rapid experimentation in an increasingly nimble engineering organization. You’ll help implement their business logic to be compatible with real-time/stream processing frameworks.
- Partner with engineering teams, data scientists, and others on how to use this new data source.
Your background & experience
- Strong working knowledge of one of either Java or Scala programming languages.
- Experience building production data pipelines (using Spark, Flink, etc.) on web-scale datasets. Experience with distributed real-time data processing is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with SQL and data modeling concepts, in either a relational or data warehousing context.
- Excellent communication, proactively sharing, and seeking context to effectively collaborate with analytical and engineering partners. They enjoy collaborating across teams and so should you.
Netflix’s culture is an integral part of what makes them successful. They approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. They recognize that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1