Altius have a simple ambition – to be the leading data focused technology business in Europe. They help businesses to harness their data and use it to understand, model and predict business performance – delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability.
They are leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and their data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. The business has an average annual growth of over 50%. Altius are currently circa 350 people across the UK, The Netherlands and India.
At Altius, they strive for excellence in everything they do. They are a dynamic team of bright, talented and highly accomplished people who are passionate about their work and this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your expertise within Microsoft Business Intelligence & Analytics, using the very latest BI, IOT, Data Science & Big Data technologies from Microsoft and other key vendors.
More details on Altius can be found on https://www.altiusdata.com/
Altius are recruiting data scientists with passion to solving complex business problems with machine learning and advanced statistical methods. As a data scientist, you will be involved into development of real-life predictive solutions as well as working with clients to resolve their advanced analytics requirements. As a consultant, you will also require business analyst skills, as you will be expected to analyse and scope client’s requirements, propose and design the solution.
The senior data scientist will work on and lead the development of analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Altius. They are looking for senior data scientists with extensive hand-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modelling and software development, proven scientific research skills and technical leadership.
- Lead development of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical algorithms and solutions using R and Python.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business people.
- Engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of project on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Develop solution prototypes and deliver CRP (Conference Room Pilot) sessions.
- Define and help to design the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint.
- Take a lead role in client project delivery to help client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Lead and support blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Significant experience implementing/deploying in Azure/AWS/GCP
- Support the on-going development of the Data Science practice technically.
They are looking for the following experience profile:
- Extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python.
- In depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Developed capabilities with data modelling and complex big data analyses.
- Hands-on experience and skills in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Business facing with the skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Experience with big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) and NoSQL stores;
- Commercial experience of leading a team.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib, etc).
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- Solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimisation and graph theory, and statistics.
- Experience in Finance, Retail, or Digital Media industries.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1