The Data Science group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing Internet leader with millions of customers and complex business operations. The mission of the Data Science team is to unlock deep learning from data in order to help guide the business – everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets.
This particular role will focus on deep diving into a broad variety of exploratory initiatives around customer targeting. It will require a substantial amount of investigatory analysis to scope out new projects, as well as developing the strategy and algorithmic frameworks behind executing on these projects. It will involve wrangling large amounts of data to figure out creative ways to take our customer targeting capabilities to the next level.
Check Out The Work That We Do Here
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing team to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, customer, and clickstream databases to create integrated views that can be used to influence business decisions
- Working with large, complex databases
- Understanding and applying data mining techniques to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
- Delivering presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or other quantitative field
- 5-10 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Experience with Python, SQL, etc. (advanced programming languages)
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1