The UK’s largest free credit score and financial well-being business is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to report into the Chief Data Officer.
This is an amazing opportunity to engage with a rich and data set on ten million users in three markets. They have captured every interaction the users have had with their high touch website and native apps, their full monthly credit files since the have joined and growing access to insurance, bank account and mobile data as well.
Ordinarily this a data set this vast would be buried in legacy stems, however ClearScore is only four years old and operates a strict “zero legacy” approach that means the data is held in autoscaling AWS redshift environment.
ClearScore is at the start of it’s journey to turn this immense data asset into something that will genuinely benefit their users and improve the financial market.
Analytics: The Senior Data Scientist applies advanced statistical capabilities and delivers statistical models, for example, consumer predictive value, churn, segmentation and profiling, association models, and so forth. The Senior Data Scientist will also be required to refine and draw reports and presentation on junior data science departmental performance as well as proposed data science and analytics strategies.
Leadership: The Senior Data Scientist plays a managerial role where s/he oversees the activities of the junior data analysts, ensuring proper execution of their duties, and alignment of activities with business’s overall vision and objectives. The Senior Data Scientist ensures that the data scientist department adopts the best in class processes and techniques for statistical analysis and modeling as well as best practices within the department and the Data and Analytics department.
The Senior Data Scientist also provides mentorship and guidance to junior data analysts while simultaneously guaranteeing statistical integrity, accuracy, and adequacy within the department.
Strategy: The Senior Data Scientist also plays a strategic role where he is tasked with formulating new and creative ideas for leveraging the business’s vast collection of data in the databases. In this capacity, the Senior Data Scientist also works with large sets of data and establishes accurate and scalable analytics systems across varied applications.
Collaboration: The Senior Data Scientist acts as a bridge between the marketing, product and analysis teams that are the consumers of Data Science, the Data Engineering teams who manage the Big Data environment and the other Data Scientists. S/will be required to “talk the language” of these different teams in order to come up with workable solutions.
S/he will also work with this senior management and key stake holders in identifying and prioritizing actionable, impactful insights across a variety of core business fronts, driving informed decision-making across the business and, hence, enhancing the business’s capability to achieve goals and objectives.
- Graduated in quantitative Bachelors, or ideally, a higher degree.
- At least fours years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Proven ability to understand business problems, setting up data science projects and building appropriate data sets.
- Ability to translate business requirements into Data Science solutions.
- Ability to coach and develop junior Data Scientists.
- You are intellectually curious and excited by working with large data sets.
- Familiarity with their toolkit: AWS environment using SageMaker. Most of the team uses Python, with a few using R.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance – with the option to add friends and family
- Dental cover with Denplan, the LARGEST dental provider in the UK – with the option to add family members
- All permanent staff are automatically included in their ClearScore Group Life Assurance Scheme – life insurance cover will be an amount that is equal to 4x your basic salary
- Perkbox – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit…and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games… if there’s not one for your passion, start one!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1