Duties & Responsibilities
They are reinventing their business for the modern retail world. Data Science will play a vital role in ensuring they deliver effective and efficient campaigns that are personalised for the right audience. Ozlem Carr – Partner & Manager, Customer Modelling & Optimisation – is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who can work independently, is self motivated and strives for continuous improvement.
This exciting role will empower you to bring their Partnership Values to life:
Be Yourself. Always – shape the way you work to get the best results for the business
Do Right – use your judgement to influence decisions
All or Nothing – look beyond the ‘norm’ to deliver added value
Give More Than You Take – the success of your work benefits you and all their Partners
They, Not Me – this is more than just data & analytics. When they work together, anything is possible.
As Senior Data Scientist you will be involved in all aspects of the model life cycle from stakeholder engagement right through to model building and performance monitoring. All they ask is for you to be passionate about customer analytics and modelling and be able to provide a thorough understanding of the John Lewis Partnership’s customers. Previous experience withinin retail is not essential.
Day to Day
- Working with Campaign and CRM teams across the John Lewis Partnership you will understand their business needs and what they like to achieve from trading and personalisation perspective
- You will be creating statistical models including predictive, descriptive and segmentation models for CRM strategies
- By liaising with Campaign teams you will ensure you have the right design for test and post campaign evaluation
- You will also complete performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis including creation of reports and post model build diagnostics
- You will develop algorithms aimed to improve recommender systems by experimenting with ML & Deep Learning techniques
The Partnership’s ultimate purpose is the happiness of all its members, through their worthwhile and satisfying employment in a successful business. Because the Partnership is owned in trust for its members, they share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards – profit, knowledge and power. What other companies provide a share of profits to their workers? Becoming a Partner will open up a host of benefits including subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partner Hotels and so much more.
Internally this role is known as a Senior Modelling and Optimisation Analyst. This position is based in their John Lewis Partnership Customer Modelling & Optimisation team. This role can be based in either London or Bracknell and there may be travel between the two locations.
Required Essential Experience Skills And Qualifications
- Proven experience in statistical analysis and modelling within B2C environment
- Experience and strong understanding of statistical algorithms and machine learning algorithms
- Worked with algorithms aimed to improve recommender systems
- Experienced user of R or Python
- Strong data manipulation skills
- SQL, Big Query
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to engage non-technical audiences
Required Desired Experience Skills And Qualifications
- Degree in a numerate discipline (e.g. Maths/Statistics/Economics or similar) with a high degree of statistics
- On-line marketing experience
- E-Commerce experience
- Experience in cloud platforms such as GCP ML ,AWS, Azure ML
Please Consider The Following When Making Your Application
> They occasionally close vacancies early in the event they receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, they recommend you apply early.
> Print off the job description now if you require it
> Ensure you have an up-to-date CV
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1