At TaskRabbit, they want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, they’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, their network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet their core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, they’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
They are a group of mission-minded people. Their culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. They’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About The Role
Data Science and Analytics are the lifeblood of TaskRabbit and they are scaling up the Data Science and Analytics team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering. They are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables theirselves and their teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work with cross-functional teams, working closely with business unit managers to analyze their business problems and provide insights and recommendations on potential solutions to test and measure. You will also lead the team in improving business metrics by applying various machine learning algorithms such as prediction, classification and recommender systems.
As part of the Data Group, you will collaborate with Data Analysts, drawing on their technical skills and expertise. Also, you will work with Data Engineers to ensure that the data platform and infrastructure provides you with the data and tools you need to do your job.
Join them in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Participate and guide all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements gathering, data acquisition and preparation, hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of data science product
- Develop state of the art machine learning models. Iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data science
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to evaluate and improve internal processes
- Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities for innovation
- Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation/cleansing/ETL pipelines
- Creativity in formulating statistical questions to address business needs
- Document projects including business objective, data gathering, and processes, approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and metrics
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and other data scientists to develop algorithms, and initiate features and modeling discussions
- Mentor team members to help them elevate to the next level
Background And Experience
They welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how they’re thinking about what you’ll need to be successful in the role.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- 4+ years of industry experience in productionizing machine learning models
- 4+ years of experience in writing production codes using programming language (Python), and scripting languages (Unix shell) as well as solid experience with git
- Mastery of Python, data wrangling libraries (Pandas, Numpy, etc.), and machine learning libraries (Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- Excellent statistical intuition and knowledge of various approaches such as inference, hypothesis testing, sampling, etc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to decision-makers
- Excited about working with large data sets
- Deep understanding of machine learning models. Demonstrable experience applying these methods to real data problems such as classification, regression, recommendation system, time series analysis, etc
- Ability to deploy and scale models into a production environment as microservices or on AWS
- Experience with Jupyter notebook environment. Experience with text data and NLP is a big plus
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and Spark
- Experience with Flask or similar web-based services
- Experience with Deep Learning
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL
You’ll Love Working Here Because
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. They take time to be present and partner with their team and communities.
- Level Up. They navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. They build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. They value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. They believe that they make better decisions when their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. Women make up more than half of their team and leadership, and they strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, their network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet their core mission has remained the same. They want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1