- Design, implement and maintain large-scale data management and processing systems specific to the computational biology community
- Rapidly prototype access methods and visualizations to enable expert users to discover and interact with datasets
- Integration of internal and external data repositories using standard identifiers from curated biomedical repositories
- Move existing analytics workflows to a cloud environment
- Apply state of the art and innovative approaches to managing large-scale datasets
- Interface with Integrative Biology and Digital to collaboratively define solutions
- Graduate-level training in Computer Science or Bioinformatics required
- Proven expertise in data modeling and database architecture, with relational and multi-model databases (PostgreSQL).
- Strong programming skills (Python, Ruby, Java, or C++).
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP and AWS)
- Familiarity with ETL and data processing tools
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that they pay or reimburse, your name, address and the number of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.