Join a top insurance brand as a Senior Data Scientist in their Retail Insurance Pricing function and develop your career with a world leader. Help them to develop and maintain their advanced pricing capabilities, which form the cornerstone of profit and loss in the business.
You’ll work on a variety of modelling, data and R&D projects to aid the development of their analytical capabilities and contribute to the advancement of their core pricing algorithms.
As advanced analytics becomes increasingly central to the company strategy, they’re looking for someone who can provide thought leadership on emerging technologies, advanced modelling techniques, and on the integration of robust machine learning workflows into production.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll have significant experience developing robust predictive models using machine learning in R or Python, are an advocate of collaborative working and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You’ll lead projects which may be complex or loosely defined, and act as a technical mentor for more junior members of the department.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will harness new predictive technologies, techniques and data sources to continually improve pricing decisions enabling profitable growth.
- Test new models and ensembles against incumbent models and contribute to projects to ensure efficient, reliable, high-quality models are built on appropriately sized datasets
- Develop modelling tools and metrics to assess the value of new models and monitor the value of existing data science models and machine learning services
- Contribute to the development of current data pipelines
- Assist with the testing of new analytical technologies and help select those to be used formally in projects based on future scalability, speed of deployment, the efficiency of storage/memory and cost
- Search for new external data sources & and assess their commercial benefit
- Identify novel ways of using existing data for the creation of new modelling features
- Assist with the development of predictive analytics infrastructure in the company
- Represent the data science team in interactions with UK and AXA Global teams
- Play an active role in the AXA UK & Ireland data science community
- Higher education (equivalent grades of 2:1 or higher) in a mathematics or computer science-related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency
- Experience in previous data science, engineering or advanced analytics roles
- Significant experience applying advanced analytical and statistical methods to real-world problems
- Deep knowledge of several data science topics
- More advanced skills in R, Python or Spark plus some skill in other analysis tools e.g. H2O/ArcGIS
- Critical and analytical approach to problem structuring
- Ability to continually learn and develop
- Strong drive to deliver and comfortable collaborating in a team
- Effective communication to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with Git
- (Desirable) Experience deploying robust data pipelines and predictive models into a production web service within a highly regulated environment
- (Desirable) Familiarity with Azure cloud platform
- (Desirable) Experience delivering full-scale productions algorithms
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1