The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) and Hotels.com, they’re smack in the middle of it. They create the tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trip. They offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, reciprocal and international work environment. They are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Why build your career with them?
- They’re re-inventing online travel, one day at a time – it’s an exciting challenge. They’re super-motivated and setting the pace.
- They’ve got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. They don’t do ordinary.
- They work with some really smart partners – from search marketing whiz kids to the world’s leading airlines and travel agents.
- They’re a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. They just love what they do.
- They love to participate in data science conferences and communities
- They want everyone on their team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- They get to do all of this in a really nice office in central London.
- You’ll dive into groundbreaking machine learning models, experiment and apply new ones, and apply analytics at scale in order to impact the business. Use the latest cloud and data technologies to train and deploy machine learning models at scale. If you can prove your approaches are good, they’ll be quickly deployed to production.
- You’re passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and you are able to communicate that passion.
- You have a keen desire to tackle problems and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- You propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- You’re looking for a role with diverse learning opportunities, growing and having fun while at it. You’re expected to stay ahead of the latest data science industry developments and coach the team on them.
- Be enthusiastic in collaborating, developing relationships within the company, and finding new business applications of data science and coaching more junior team members.
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in machine learning, or computer science/statistics/Physics with a strong machine learning component
- Knowledge of Python programming language
- Good programming practices, ability to write readable, fast, object-oriented code
- Expertise in machine learning: framing business problems as machine learning problems, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing algorithms
- Good understanding of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (plus) machine learning algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Scikit-learn, Spark ML, perfection in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Very good understanding of data technologies; Hadoop, Spark, and standard relational database structures along with query languages (SQL); experience in the Cloud a plus
- Experience working in a fast-moving commercial environment and excellent organizational skills – this is a fast-paced operation in a high-growth phase, so it’s critical to be able to keep multiple balls in the air.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as to manage workflow in accordance with project timelines is required
- Good communication and team management skills to technical and business audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms, adapting communication technical depth to the audience
- Strong business/commercial sense to combine with analytics to help drive recommendations; ability to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities
- Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and A/B tests.
Why join them:
Expedia Group recognizes their success is dependent on the success of their people. They are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in their business. Their brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires them to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1