The Network Business Analytics team is hiring a strategic thinker to join a high profile, high visibility team that powers Network analytics and strategy for Verizon. You will be part of a team that drives business decisions and optimized capital investment for all of Verizon’s Networks.
- Execute large-scale data science projects involving OneFiber, 4G and 5G across Network Planning organization including cross-organization projects involving next-generation methods in AI/ML.
- Identify strategic advantages and synergies across a diverse set of Networks to improve capital and spend efficiencies across the organization.
- Develop and implement machine learning and optimization models across multiple platforms to create scalable solutions with actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Use statistical modeling and analysis to understand relationships between diverse forms of customer data, network data and business KPI’s.
- Identifies data sources, integrates multiple sources or types of data and develops expertise with multiple data sources to tell a story, identify new patterns and business opportunities, and communicate visually and verbally with clear and compelling data-driven stories.
- Connect information to stimulate conversation related to competitors, products, macroeconomic, social, political indicators and support the organization in making strategic decisions.
- Prepare executive-level presentations to clearly articulate results of complex mathematical analyses
What They’re Looking For…
You are a master at analyzing big data. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re a creative thinker who likes to explore and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience with visual science/dashboard design principles.
Even Better If You Have
- Ph.D., MBA or a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, computer engineering, statistics, operations research, industrial engineering, economics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering).
- Experience with AI, ML, and Predictive Analytics in a management consulting setting.
- Experience programming/scripting/coding (SQL, Python, R, etc) and knowledge of relational databases.
- Two or more years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx, PowerPivot).
- Five or more years of experience in data modeling, programming, data mining, large scale data acquisition, transformation and cleaning of structured and unsecured data.
- Experience with predictive modeling tools, machine learning tools (sci-kit-learn, PyTorch, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, etc.), and statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Optimization modeling (CPLEX, gurobi).
- Two or more years of experience with data warehousing technologies (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Teradata, MS SQL).
- Ability to adapt to new challenges to overcome short-term hurdles by staying focused on the team’s deliverables.
- Ability to learn quickly and use widely available tools and methodologies.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do they provide the fastest and most reliable network for their customers, but they were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Their connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join their team of the best and brightest. They offer great pay, amazing benefits and the opportunity to learn and grow in every role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes them better.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1