This Senior Data Scientist will join the Clinical Products team and support, end to end, one or more of the team’s three objectives. This role will build predictive models, work with clinical experts (e.g. doctors) to translate their subject matter expertise into machine learning models, extract and manipulate data from multiple large data sources, and present her / his work to technical and non-technical stakeholders. This role will also use the results of AB testing to improve the performance of the team’s statistical modeling and targeting.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Brings clinical insights to inform predictive models: is comfortable reading academic clinically oriented literature and collaborating with clinical subject matter experts to inform predictive models.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Clinically oriented background or professional experience is a plus.
Percent Of Travel Required
0 – 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1