Location: Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for skilled self-starters with a passion for advanced analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive and prescriptive metrics to enhance choice making and strengthen action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will play a lead role on a team of cross-functional partners and analytics professionals to identify, scope, suggest new opportunities, and implement high-impact analytics projects. You will employ advanced data modeling and operations research techniques to prescribe actionable recommendations to drive value for Nike.
The role is perfect for a team player with excellent hands-on analytics experience, work ethic, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and resolve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the opportunity of developing something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Advanced quantitative degree (Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field). and at least 6 years of related industry experience or Bachelors degree and 7+ years related industry experience.
- Supply chain planning and operations, E-commerce and store retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent technical, analytical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, AIMMS, Gurobi/CPLEX, AnyLogic, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAS, Tableau, scheduling tools) on large data sets
- Experience developing and maintaining predictive and/or prescriptive models in production at enterprise scale
- Experience developing and running simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools to support decision making
- Demonstrated ability to use data to guide decision making. Excellent project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Demonstrated experience of working cross functionally to develop innovative solutions using advanced analytics
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Utilizes appropriate quality checks to ensure the results are sound
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00428692
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1