Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both their customers and their own business is enormous.
They are looking for a full-stack Senior Data Scientist to join their Strategy & Data Science department in San Francisco. The Strategy & Data Science department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on their business strategy. As part of this group, you will develop cross-functional relationships and use rigorous data science methods on their business and product data to drive near- and longer-term impact. This would be an outstanding fit for someone who has a passion for both math and technology, the ability to provide deep insights for priority Meraki leadership asks and joint Cisco/Meraki product, and customer analysis.
What Will You Do
- The lead key, cross-functional analytical projects, identifying and bringing together stakeholders, building project plans, developing joint analytical approaches, and executing against the project
- Build predictive models to influence business and product decisions
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve customer support needs
- Define key metrics to help track their business performance and the customer experience
- Analyze user journey data and understand the root causes of customer engagement with products
- Mine structured and unstructured data to identify growth opportunities for their business
- Conduct research that could support the development of public-facing whitepapers and blog post
What Skills You Possess
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong coding skills in Python/R, Hadoop/Spark technologies
- Expert knowledge in building data science pipelines
- Good understanding of machine learning-based model building flows
- Hands-on experience using deep learning frameworks
- Experiences with cloud services is a plus
- BS/MS degree, such as economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- 5-7+ years of experience in an analytical role or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience in data science
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
Who You Are
- You demonstrate business acumen in your work
- You have a real passion for analytics and desire for continuous learning
- You have strong organizational skills; able to keep track of multiple competing priorities without losing details
- Ability to communicate the results of the analysis
- You are eager to take ownership of projects
- You remain curious and hungry to understand all components of your work
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym, and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, they are confident you will love it here. Check out more of their benefits on their job page.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, they don’t just accept difference – it’s one of their key values. Everybody means they listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and they are a team that works as one towards their goals. They recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and they encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1