Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for talented self-starters with a passion for advanced analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive analytics to enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Marketplace Advanced Analytics team, you will play a lead role on a team of cross-functional partners and analytics professionals in the development and enhancement of statistical forecasts and predictive models to estimate unconstrained demand, and allocate limited edition footwear across the multi-geo marketplace. You will employ advanced techniques for data aggregation and feature engineering in an AWS environment, and apply data modeling and machine learning techniques in unique ways to prescribe actionable recommendations to drive value for Nike.
The role is perfect for a team player with strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Advanced quantitative degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field) and at least 3-5 years of related industry experience or Bachelors degree and 5-7 years related industry experience. E-commerce and store retail experience preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAS, Tableau, scheduling tools) to engineer features from large data sets
- Demonstrated application of statistical forecasting, and predictive modeling techniques for estimating demand, and recommending allocation of new products
- Working knowledge of market demand and supply interactions
- Experience in building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models in production at enterprise scale
- Proven ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to develop innovative solutions using advanced analytics
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation
- Familiarity with agile development methodology, and passionate about working collaboratively with data engineers, analysts, and other data scientists
- Utilizes appropriate quality checks to ensure the results are sound
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00406168
- Apparel & Fashion
- Human Resources
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1