PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, they’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. They welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore the open positions and join their growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role sits within the PlayStation Services team who are accountable for the planning and delivery of trading plans to drive growth and profit for PlayStation Plus.
The Data Scientist will lead on taking the team’s analytical capabilities to the next level by developing and implementing fully automated statistical models to predict subscriptions behaviour. They’re looking for someone who can combine data science with subscriptions experience and a commercial mindset.
You will be required to work at a global level – understanding global vs local behaviours and adapting models appropriately. This will involve collaborating with analytical teams and stakeholders in Europe, America and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be an important part of the technical backbone of the Services team, driving positive change with automation, optimisation, and new technology
- Develop and implement automated models to forecast the subscriptions base on a rolling 12 month as well as a 3–5-year horizon on a global, regional, and country level
- Ensure the accuracy, flexibility and explainability of these models
- Develop and implement other automated models or insight pieces as and when needed (e.g. for content valuation, promotional activity etc.)
- Work closely with other members of the Forecasting, Trading, Commercial and Insights teams to continuously update and improve these models and evaluate opportunity areas
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists and analytics teams in the wider organisation
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar data scientist role and a background in computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics or similar quantitative field
- Prior experience and/or a good understanding of subscriptions is a big plus
- Strong SQL
- Python and/or R skills
- Statistical competence such as regression modelling and significance testing
- Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.)
- Strong technical skills generally
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1