Location: Hybrid – commuting to our head office in Wimbledon as and when required
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Pricing and Data Science team here at Domestic & General. Reporting into the Data Science Manager you will play a key part in ensuring the successful delivery of the company’s pricing tactical and strategic views across a high-volume product portfolio. This will be part of our Pricing team to deliver pricing strategy and delivery of pricing models.
We operate a model of ‘everyday flexibility’ which empowers our employees to choose whether to work from the office, from home or in a hybrid way. There will be times when we all need to get together in person, but we will make sure that it is in a meaningful way and has a defined purpose.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
- Evolve and continuously improve the company’s data science models using advanced analytic and machine learning techniques.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the overall pricing strategy
- Be able to validate and peer-review the work of the most junior in the team
- Lead and complete timely, comprehensive pricing analyses and modelling projects
- Ensure technically and commercially viable solutions are delivered for new and renewed product pricing requirements.
- Monitor performance, drift, and stability of current models and act when there is a problem in sight.
- Be able to analyse, communicate and explain pricing recommendations in a way that will influence key stakeholders decisions.
- Ensure that pricing recommendations result in customers being treated fairly
Skills and experience required:
· Excellent at data handling and peer-review.
· High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail.
· In-depth statistical understanding.
· Innovative and pragmatic problem solver.
· Strong understanding of classical and machine learning models and the key drivers of performance.
· Solid understanding of model validation, deployment, and monitoring.
· Able to explain simple and complex pricing theories to non-technical colleagues clearly.
· Insurance or marketing experience or similar product lines, across various distribution channels.
· Previous modelling and analytics experience (with emphasis on predictive modelling) is crucial.
· Experience of working with large, complex data sets
· Pricing in insurance or similar product lines, across various distribution channels.
· Excellent stakeholder management
· Knowledge of Risk Modelling, Deep learning, Clustering analysis
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1