REQ ID: 112346
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
LOCATION:We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
What To Expect
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a data science enthusiast in the Vehicle Health Management (VHM) domain to make a real positive impact both on both our external and internal customers.As part of Jaguar Land Rover’s overall digital transformation journey, VHM is on a mission to harness the power of data with a view to increase the quality of our products and alleviate customer inconvenience by employing novel machine learning approaches.VHM endeavours to provide our customers a luxury experience by garnering actionable insights from vehicle’s diagnostic data and supplementary data sets.This role provides a rare opportunity to support and grow the existing data science capability within JLR’s VHM team. You will form an essential part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, quality engineers and subject matter experts helping deliver best in class digital solutions to the business and its customers. You’ll be working in an Agile squad, with Product Owner, Scrum Master and other squad members.
You will be working in the Vehicle Health Insights squad contributing to various project themes including Service Interval Optimisation, Health Management, Driver Concierge, and Smart Data Collection. Working closely with machine learning engineers and domain experts, you will be developing innovative data products by getting involved and taking ownership of the entire data product development lifecycle right from problem scoping, EDA to the algorithm selection and model training.You will be working closely with other multi-disciplined engineers and will be a valued member of the Jaguar Land Rover team, consistently delivering to challenging business objectives, with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance for exciting new projects. You will work on real projects alongside experienced engineers and will be expected to take on some mentoring and coaching of less experienced team members.
Key Accountabilities and Responsabilities:
- Problem scoping by getting in touch with relevant stakeholders
- Identification of problem-relevant data sources and data sets
- Algorithm development and selection
- Model training, evaluation and monitoring
- Working closely with machine learning engineers for realising data products
- Contribute to the resolution of key technical and strategic challenges
- Develop Proof-of-Concept solutions
- Story telling via data and visualisations
- Staying up to date with industry trends and novel approaches
- Taking ownership of the projects and ensuring their timely delivery
What You’ll Need
- Experience of working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Competent with writing complex SQL queries
- Competent in writing Python code and using Jupyter Notebook environment
- Data wrangling
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Feature engineering
- Hands on experience of machine learning & deep learning frameworks and libraries, such as, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn
SO WHY US?Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career working with a world-class team in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer acompetetive salary and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
- Salary Offer SALARY: £41,400 - £52,000 SALARY: £41,400 - £52,000
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1