At Pave, our vision is simple – Make Compensation Fair. How are we going to get there? By building the most intelligent compensation platform, powered by the largest real-time compensation dataset on earth.We partner with our customers to help them build and retain world-class teams through planning, communicating and benchmarking their team’s compensation in real time. And you don’t have to hear it from us — you can hear it from our customers: Allbirds, Hover, Sweetgreen, Airtable and more. We’re growing fast, building an incredible team and product, and having plenty of fun as we do it in our San Francisco and New York City offices. If stretching the rubber band, building with intellectual honesty and focusing on impact sounds exciting – we highly encourage you to reach out. We’d love to partner on our journey to change the world of compensation!Data Science @ PaveData is truly at the heart of what we do here at Pave. So, it’s no surprise that Pave Data Scientists are integral collaborators and strategic owners with company-wide impact.
Our team members build data infrastructure, define and evaluate metrics of success for product and business operations, derive actionable insights, and build ML models used in production.Some of our team members more fully support our product team, running product analytics, building Looker dashboards and defining North Star metrics for our product, examining data quality and coverage in BigQuery, and partnering with our go to market teams to understand and define success. Other team members do more pipeline building and machine learning work, partnering with our Engineering and Design teams to build high quality customer-facing data products. Some team members do a little bit of both! If any of these types of work interest you, we highly encourage you to apply.
What we’re looking for:
- Have a Bachelors or other advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research or social science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Science role, preferably at a technology company.
- Exceptional data manipulation skills with a proficiency in SQL.
- Proficiency in statistical modeling with R or Python.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills. The ability to translate qualitative business questions into quantitative solutions.
- Strong ability to communicate technical outcomes to cross-functional audiences.
- Ability to navigate (and bring structure to) ambiguity; ability to bring a problem from 0 to 1
Nice to haves(But not required!)
- Experience designing and evaluating ML models
- Experience with data transformations using dbt
- Experience building customer-facing data products
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, and/or designers
A final note — we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don’t feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!
Compensation, It’s What We Do. Pave’s salary range for this position is $153,000 – $230,000 USD per year. This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Pave’s total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Pave will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, commuter benefits, catered lunch, an unlimited PTO policy, and many other region-specific benefits.Our Compensation Philosophy Pave’s compensation philosophy is to target the 75th percentile of the market for both cash and equity at your job level. This means that the “mid point” of every band at Pave is the 75th percentile of the broader market.Pave also has a merit-based philosophy when it comes to compensation increases. We run a performance cycle twice per year to evaluate employees’ performance. Higher than average performance ratings result in compensation increases to the upper end of the individual’s compensation range for their role. The result is that high performers at Pave are paid above the 75th percentile of the market at large.Pave is committed to pay equity. If you get an offer from Pave, it will be based on your level as determined by your interview performance. And nothing else. We explicitly do not negotiate salary and equity to ensure that we aren’t introducing bias that could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who have different negotiation tactics.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1