This position supports the Institute in delivering data science and AI projects and expertise to its industry partners and researchers. Assist in delivering data science and AI courses and professional development programs to learners from across the University and industry. Help build AI products that will solve the most-pressing issues for organizations including Responsible AI. Be part of a fast-growing team that will develop and maintain a cutting-edge data platform, acquire data sets for research and education purposes and use data science strategically to support the Institute’s mission.
Education & Experience:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar disciplines and 5 or more years of professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with statistical computer languages (Python is preferred).
- Proficiency with relational database systems (SQL) and object-based data stores.
- Advanced applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Professional experience with developing machine learning solutions and applying them in real-world scenarios.
- Experience scoping a project and collaborating with a team of technical and non-technical contributors on execution.
- Proficient in Git and version control.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Experience as a technical lead on projects, distributing tasks to other team members
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with distributed data systems such as Apache Hadoop.
- Expertise in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Proficiency in Linux and version control software (git).
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum development practices. Values & Abilities:
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose software design and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive to learn new technologies, statistical methods and data manipulation techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively across academia and industry.
- Team-player who can collaborate effectively across many teams within the University.
- Open-minded and assertive when collaborating and working within our team and with other groups within Northeastern University.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with an ability to navigate
Position Type Research
Additional Information Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information. Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1