We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Making a big impact with a Forbes Top Startup Employer
- Working on products that have traction (40X revenue growth in 4 years | #1 rated app in the insurance comparison category)
- Solving problems in a huge market ($2T market size)
- Working closely with serial entrepreneurs and seasoned leaders who have scaled companies like Robinhood, Amazon, LinkedIn, Wayfair, SoFi, Microsoft, etc.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team! Helping everyday, hard working Americans save time and money on their cars and creating a world class experience is what drives every decision we make as a company. Since launching our mobile app in 2019, we have amassed over 4M customers, expanded our product offerings to multiple categories and scaled our team 10X. Our data team fuels all of our business and product decisions through delivering analytical insights and building advanced models.
Reporting to our VP of Business Operations and Analytics, you will leverage data to drive growth and retention for our core insurance product. You will perform analytical deep dives, develop and analyze experiments, build predictive models, and make recommendations that inform our product roadmap. Working with a brilliant team of product managers, product designers, software engineers, and key business leaders, you will play a big role in accelerating our growth and taking our customer experience to the next level.
How you will make an impact:
- Partner closely with our product managers, software engineers, product designers, and key business leaders to drive user growth and retention for our core insurance product
- Design, run, and analyze A/B experiments on new and existing features; extract key insights, share learnings and make recommendations on next steps
- Build key reports, dashboards, and predictive models to monitor the performance of our insurance business, and communicate analytical outcomes to our teams
- Transform and refine raw production data for analytical needs
- Continually improve our data governance and data consistency standards within our database
- Work with data engineering team on data tracking, integrity, and security as needed
- Work with other data scientists to evolve, optimize and integrate machine learning models
Who you are:
- Intellectually curious: You’re not satisfied with surface level insights. You dive deep to understand how systems work, why people behave in certain ways and are intrinsically motivated to uncover root causes for issues or underlying reasons behind decisions.
- Data-driven: You’re extremely analytical and live in data. At the same time, you’re confident enough to make decisions when the data is limited.
- Creative problem-solver: No challenge is too complex, no issue is too hard, and “no” is not an acceptable answer.
- Strong communicator: Able to drive alignment and communicate effectively to different audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years experience as a data scientist or product analyst in a consumer-facing web or mobile app environment
- Experience designing and implementing A/B tests, and analyzing user experience
- Hands-on experience with SQL (advanced proficiency)
Jerry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Jerry is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry is America’s first and only AllCar™ app. We are redefining and radically improving how people manage owning a car, one of their most expensive and time-consuming assets.
Backed by artificial intelligence and machine learning, Jerry simplifies and automates owning and maintaining a car while providing personalized services for all car owners’ needs. We spend every day innovating and improving our AI-powered app to provide the best possible experience for our customers. From car insurance and financing to maintenance and safety, Jerry does it all.
We are the #1 rated and most downloaded app in our category with a 4.7 star rating in the App Store. We have more than 4 million customers — and we’re just getting started.
Jerry was founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs and has raised more than $242 million in financing.
Join our team and work with passionate, curious and egoless people who love solving real-world problems. Help us build a revolutionary product that’s disrupting a massive market.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1