The Ads Analytics team helps the Spotify Free Business understand their users better so that they can create a platform where users can enjoy millions of tracks for free while being able to support the artists they love for their work. They strive to understand their user’s taste in music and how they use their platform so that they can show them the most relevant ads at the right time, creating a frictionless experience for them while helping brands reach the right users and artists live off of their work.
They are a team of data scientists working on a range of problems at Spotify, from automated tools that help their sales team get insight into their platform to ML models that help them understand their users, business dynamics and utilize their inventory. They are looking for an expert in statistical modeling, machine learning and causal attribution with hands-on experience training and deploying models to production systems at the Spotify scale.
What You’ll Do
- Build proofs of concept and production models that will help them understand their users
- Lead research initiatives to help them be an industry-leader when it comes to technical and modeling capabilities
- Mentor more junior data-scientists one to one, through peer reviews and academic guidance
- Help them maintain their current infrastructure and design new ML platforms to train, predict and serve the results to other parts of the Spotify business
- Contribute to their internal tooling and be thought leader in the broader analytics community at Spotify
- Work from their office in New York
Who You Are
- You will have at least 5 years experience in applied research, statistical modeling, and ML with a degree or higher (MS/Ph.D.) in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or similar field
- Significant breadth and depth of statistics/ML knowledge
- High level of ability in R or Python
- Competence with SQL and experience performing analysis on large datasets
- Experience working and creating data/feature pipelines is a plus
- You are capable of taking on loosely defined business problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1