In Spotify’s Ads research and development group they focus on the following:
- Designing and building new advertising and messaging formats to delight their users
- Revolutionizing the way that podcasts are monetized
- Providing self serve tools and interfaces for advertisers and operators to get their message out
- Optimizing and personalizing how ads and messages are served, to reach the right user with the right message at the right time
- Building out Spotify’s infrastructure for connecting fans with concerts of artists they love
- And more!
As a Data Scientist as part of their Product Insights group, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of the world of their listeners and their advertisers. Together with them you will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives, and experiment with new features.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers, engineers and machine learning experts who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Perform and present analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Design and conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement to both user and advertiser metrics through efficient experimentation
- Impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of how product, platforms & promotions influence user behavior
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics through visualizations and dashboardsMentor and coach other data scientists
- Work from their offices in New York
Who You Are
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense you have relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau), and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, A/B testing, significance testing, etc)
- Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, and especially clustering techniques)
- Worked in an analytics role within an advertising function
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1