As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be building predictive models that help connect individuals with each other, and knowledge across organizations. Specifically, they focus on discovery, recommendations, and relevance across Yammer by building machine learning models that leverage both Yammer data and o365 Suite data.
What makes this role special?
- Opportunity to create a vision around the Yammer machine learning platform and roadmap and help them make it a reality.
- Opportunity for *massive scale* as Yammer sits within the O365 suite which has 100M+ users.
- Smaller data engineering and analytics team means tons of ability to have an impact.
- Social enterprise = unique and interesting analytics problems (lots of independent social networks)
- Build and iterate on machine learning models to be used to power recommendations for the Yammer Feed.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed; conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Utilize excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
- Develop deep product intuition that you leverage to influence future product roadmaps and drive decision making.
- Work with product and engineering to craft experiments and test hypotheses.
- Navigate complex situations and influence across multiple product areas by leveraging leadership acumen.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience in training and deploying Machine Learning models
- Masters or Ph.D. with 5+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis.
- Work experience in the social networking space.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Built recommender systems used in production at scale.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1