They are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Creator Marketplace team – Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive.
Creator’s mission is to build features and services that help artists (and their teams) grow an audience, monetize their fans, and make their best art. A key focus of that mission is to empower artists using Spotify for Artists with measurable marketing tools that find new listeners and activate existing fans. In this role, using their petabytes of data, you will help discover and then optimize how music is promoted, accounting for a complex set of listener preferences and a diverse set of artist goals. In doing so, you will have a meaningful impact on bringing Spotify’s two-sided marketplace vision to life.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive Spotify’s strategy across promotional products
- Work on data projects that balance the needs of their two-sided marketplace, considering the promotional goals of artists, with listener enjoyment and discovery
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in the desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product owners, engineers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s two-sided marketplace
- Define the metrics they use to measure the health of their marketing tools
- Work with their product teams based in Boston, and travel as needed to work with their product teams in New York
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, a strong business sense, and understanding of marketplace dynamics
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have substantial experience with A/B testing, from creating success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and communicating those findings with clear product recommendations or implications
- You’re familiar with machine learning and data engineering concepts in production and at scale
- Coding skills (Python or R)
- Analytics tools experience (SQL)
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real-world product or feature decisions
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and time zone you’re capable of mentoring more junior data scientist to set them up for success
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1