They are looking for senior data science experts to help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Machine Learning is an integral part of how they design products, operate and pursue Cash App’s mission to serve the unbanked and completely disrupt traditional financial institutions. Their massive scale and rich transaction data create an endless number of opportunities to use AI to better understand their customers and offer new products and experiences that can improve their lives. They are a highly creative group that prefers to solve problems from first principles. They move quickly, make incremental changes, and deploy to production every day.
Senior Data Scientist, Customer Support Automation
Working closely with their Customer Support team, you will use their vast amounts of data to make experiences seamless for customers and help them achieve world-class service as Cash App continues its rapid growth. You will build models that anticipate customer issues and deliver proactive in-app suggestions, use NLP to contextualize inquiries and respond instantly with relevant content, develop prioritization algorithms that improve efficiency, and apply the latest research to automate conversations with customers.
Senior Data Scientist, Risk
Working closely with their Risk team, you will build machine learning models that detect fraudulent activity in real-time. You will design new product features that drive down risk losses, experiment with state-of-the-art algorithms to drive down false positives, use any and every dataset at your disposal (including 3rd party data) to engineer new features for their risk models, verify customer documents using OCR, and use biometric and device signals to detect malicious logins and account takeovers.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- A graduate degree in computer science, AI, ML, applied math, stats, physics, or a related technical field.
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering to prioritize, scope, design, and deploy ML models
- A track record of providing mentorship and technical leadership
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- A strong desire to perform and grow in your role
Technologies we use and teach
- Python (numpy, pandas, sklearn, xgboost, TensorFlow, etc.)
- MySQL, Snowflake, GCP, AWS, Tableau
Fair and square
At Square, they value diversity and treat all employees and applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1