They’re looking for a curious, adaptable Senior Data Scientist to join their Assurance squad at Monzo!
At Monzo, they’re building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. They’re growing extremely fast and have over 3.5 million customers in the UK, with over 250,000 new people joining every month. They’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of their growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Their Data discipline’s mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
They have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And they’re great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All their data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data analysts the headspace to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
As Part Of Your Role, You’ll
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand where complaints can arise from, what they are about and how the company can guarantee a better customer experience for anyone using Monzo
- Guide and enable teams to understand the root causes of complaints and how this can feed into product strategy or uncover other areas for improvement
- Own their Root Cause Analysis framework and take the lead on complaints regulatory reporting
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure they collect the right data to produce relevant insights
You Should Apply If
- What they’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You’re impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, and user!
- You’re commercially minded and can put numbers into a business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You’re a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice To Haves
- You have multiple years of analytics experience, preferably in a fast-moving tech company
- You have exposure to working with complaints data
They can help you relocate to London & they can sponsor visas.
Their interview process is normally a phone interview, a take-home task and call to discuss it, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. They promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1