What You’ll Be Doing…
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment that works in close partnership with internal business partners to inform business strategies via advanced analytics. They’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support and they want passionate and talented analytics practitioners to join them and be a catalyst for change.
This is a strategic analytical role within the Business Analytics Center of Excellence responsible for providing guidance to leadership at the highest levels for operational and strategic decision making. The incumbent will be responsible for the oversight of development, maintenance, and QA of credit and collections models using consumer credit data provided by various Consumer Reporting Agencies. You will also be focused on the development of consumer credit models, specializing in new customer acquisitions for Verizon Wireless. This role requires a deep understanding of risk management fundamentals, statistical methods, machine learning techniques, and cloud computing.
You will be the senior subject matter expert in the credit modeling space, as well as a teacher, mentor and guide to peers and colleagues in the credit modeling area. The ability to guide management, to effectively partner with experts in cross-functional fields, and leadership communication will be critical to success in this role
Analytical Work Management
- Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing advanced analytical solutions to complex problems
- Hands on active participation in analytical projects and delivering improvements in predicting power of models for robust decision guidance
- Active engagement with internal data science community using collaborative tools and platforms
- Prepare presentation materials and formal documents for use with senior management to promote findings and drive science based decision support recommendations
Modeling & Infrastructure
- Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques and algorithms: Regression, clustering, neural networks, Anomaly Detection, Random Forest etc. to improve prediction of risk scores and metrics
- Partner with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching customer data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules
- Periodically validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives. Automation of repeatable tasks at scale
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to transform the role of analytics to decision guidance (analytics as partner not as support function)
- Partner with functional groups (Marketing, IT, Commercial Finance, Operations, FP&A) to embed analytics and science driven approach in all business decisions
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and participate in knowledge/best practice sharing opportunities
What They’re Looking For…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions in Credit Risk Management/Quantitative Financial Analytics across consumer lending and financial services.
- Experience leveraging Quantitative Risk Management Techniques & predictive models to guide business decisions
- Experience developing and putting into production credit and/or collections models using consumer trade line data provided by a credit reporting agency.
- Experience in statistical modeling using R/Python or other related tools.
- Knowledgeable about data management, analysis and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains
Even Better If You Have
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or Operations Research
- Ability to develop advanced analytics in multiple platforms including AWS, Hadoop Clusters as well as Teradata
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do they provide the fastest and most reliable network for their customers, but they were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Their connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join their team of the best and brightest. They offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together they’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate their employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1