They’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Spotify’s Data Foundations team. In Data Foundations, the solutions they build impact hundreds of Spotify engineers and data scientists, and thousands of daily data processing jobs: ultimately the user experience of hundreds of MILLIONS of users via more data-informed recommendations and user-experience!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help drive a data-first culture across Spotify, working with a hardworking group of engineers and product managers to develop a detailed understanding of our data ecosystem and develop new strategies for measuring and visualising how data works at Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers across New York, Stockholm, and London.
- Define metrics and build and analyze dashboards, reports, and key datasets to drive data-informed product development.
- Apply thorough analysis to understand and detail sophisticated workflows, data flows, and processes.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key partners, helping to activate data standard methodologies in Data Foundations, and more broadly in the data, insights, and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Develop and innovate on their mixed-methods insights practice, and contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify.
- Work from their offices in New York (With the current situation regarding COVID-19, this role will be remote until it’s appropriate to work from the office).
Who You Are
- You have significant professional experience, and a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or another quantitative subject area.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and guiding others.
- You know how to seek loosely defined problems and come up with meaningful answers and impactful insights.
- You have an understanding of how to instrument products to accurately collect user and system behaviors through data for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases.
- You have hands-on experience synthesizing insights from data using tools such as Python, R, BigQuery, SQL, Tableau.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1