This position is a Senior Data Scientist role with DGC that is focused on leading the design, development, and implementation of machine learning models to drive business results. Responsibilities include building innovative analytical models, testing and validating models, data gathering and research, fact-based quantitative analysis, systematic model explainability, interpreting the models in business terms, and communicating findings to business leaders. The Senior Data Scientist will provide direction, guidance, and oversight for other data scientists on the team, as well as manage the model pipeline and perform change management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., sci-kit-learn)
- Experience or coursework in machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python and R)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Experience in Agile development
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with the team leader or managerial experience, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Doctorate degree in a quantitative field or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
- Proficiency with other programming languages such as R and SQL
- Professional experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
- Experience with data visualization tools
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, they build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM’s unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud, and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring their technology to life for end-users. Cognitive Applications unit includes Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join them, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1