Wayfair’s Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive their business.
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Their algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to their catalog, to enabling their customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
The Data Science Event & Content Recommendations team is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to design and build the next generation of recommendation models for a variety of Wayfair content, which reaches over 50 million customers every day. You’ll work within Wayfair’s big data technology infrastructure to leverage rich datasets for predictive modeling.
What You’ll Do
- Own the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques to create novel solutions to complex business problems
- Integrate your algorithmic solutions into their technology platforms to run at scale and directly change the customer experience on-site
- Drive measurable business value collaborating with cross-functional business teams
- Uncover deep insights hidden in their vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Use data to improve the decision-making of their employees, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of their customers and suppliers
- Work with a team of friendly and motivated scientists working together to build novel solutions to business problems
What You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.) and 2+ years of experience, OR an advanced quantitative degree and at least 4+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with deep learning or a wide range of machine learning techniques
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, C++) and SQL
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-experts
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in their global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in their warehouses or offices throughout the world, they’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through their commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, they are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate their differences, and know that their unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. They value and rely on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why they’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1