Data scientists at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. In order to draw causal conclusions about novel product ideas and releases, they are building up AB testing capabilities across a variety of user-facing applications and services. The core experimentation data science team focuses on the analytic capabilities of the experimentation platform. The team’s goal is to pave the way for broad experimentation at DSS via both ad hoc analysis and creating robust, reproducible, and scalable solutions. This position presents an opportunity to have a large impact on experimentation and its best practices at Disney Streaming Services.
- Experimentation: Lead analysis and execution of experiments in the areas of customer acquisition, streaming quality, application performance, and commerce. Share and promote experimentation best practices.
- Analysis automation: Effectively scale analysis from a single AB test to standardize metric definitions, statistical tests, and results in visualizations.
- Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
- Partnership: Partner closely with the experimentation platform team, product managers, data engineers to improve platform capabilities, drive the development of new features and testing strategies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and executing AB tests.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL
- 3+ years of Python or other statistical programming languages
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
- Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience.
Job ID #1100174
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1